Search

Sunday, November 27, 2005

What a week

Another week has flown by. The good thing about is that Gunther is my daily reminder to slow down and not get caught up in everything. For about 3 weeks now, I've been dealing with bronchitis, at one point we thought it was heading to pneumonia. Gunther stayed with me and by me nearly every minute. I'm a single mom and that means when you are ill you don't get to lay down and get better. You get better on the run, so the few times I had to leave Gunther at home while taking the kids off, and Gunther didn't like it. When I got back, he was so glad to see me much more than usual. Then he was right back at my side. At first the coughing made him back up a little and look at me, but he got use to it and started to snuggle up to me when the coughing was really bad.

Our Thanksgiving was a lot of fun since it was Gunther's first. He didn't eat any human food, but the smells of the food cooking drove him nuts. He sat in the kitchen with his nose in the air sniffing. I didn't have my camera with me, or I'd definitely have a picture of that. It was hilarious. The one thing he didn't like was when I would open the oven door. The heat rushing out, was not something Gunther appreciated. He would run to the other side of the kitchen and then tilt his head, like he was trying to figure out what made that big box do that to me. Another great thing for Gunther was that everyone was home. He is so happy when we are all together.

I have had a couple of emails wanting to know when Gunther will be 4 months. December 1st, Gunther will be 4 months. I will have some new pictures of him on here soon. It has gotten hard now to get his weight, but Dec. 2nd is his next vet apt and I will have a weight then.

Thanks to everyone who has emailed, and asked questions about Gunther. We enjoy hearing from you so much.

1 comment:

Cheryl:) said...

I love the image of Gunther backing up from the stove and all the sniffing. We used to live near a Dunkin Donuts and we always knew when the donuts were frying because our little old dog (who is gone now) used to sit in the window, eyes shut, nose in the air, lovingly inhaling the scent... ...