Search

Friday, November 11, 2005

He's Almost 42 lbs

Today's vet check and shots went well. He's growing and healthy. He's now 21" at the shoulders.

He has developed some cute habits lately. It seemed that he kind of leveled out and just was happy with how things were, then the other day, he decided that there was a new way to wake mommy up at 7 (actually 6:58 because my clock would go off at 7). He likes to rear up like a horse and drop full force those beautiful front legs straight down on me. Usually he lands on my stomach, though this morning my side was the target. If he wasn't so damn cute, standing there giving me kisses, his tail wagging like it's going to come off, like I'm the most important person in the world and he can't live without me, I'd be really upset. But, I will find a way to correct it so the stomping will stop and and the kisses will stay. ;-)

One of the other things he's started doing is putting his head in my lap while I knit. He has never gotten into my wool and did any damage but he LOVES the smell of the wool and the Alpaca. So when I'm knitting that natural fibers he is right with me. His little nose is very happy.

The big thing this week he's done is consistantly rang the bells I have on the door we use to take him out. He's got it down pat now. At first he didn't like them too well. but now he shakes the sh*& out of them. There is a very good chance that before all is said and done those bells will have to be replaced. LOL. I'll try to get a photo of him doing it. It's pretty funny, bells and ears shaking.

So everyone have a great weekend, love your pets, and be thankful for their love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your Gunther is a doll baby, but as cute as the head in the lap is while your knitting --it is surprisingly an attempt for heirarcy. You said he is not so hot in the lay down position. But get him to sit and NOT put his head in your lap...