Search

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Gunther's face injury


As you can see from the picture, Gunther got a pretty good scrape on his face. Bless his heart, he can go from macho to puppy in a heartbeat. We were out in the back yard and he was running full speed having a great time. Then he came around a corner where I was standing and since he was going too fast he didn't make the corner and steam rolled right over me. The bad thing was I was standing next to my garden fence, which is where he scraped his face. He was pretty upset. This is only the second time he has ever been hurt, and he just didn't understand. He also was worried because he knocked me flat. I can't even describe the look in his eyes right after it happened. He was so sad. But the hit happened so fast that before I knew it I was on the ground. Now that part is funny. I got the Gun-man in the house and got his scrape cleaned and medicated and he is doing a lot better. He hasn't been itching it, so that's good and I'm hoping that the hair will grow back nicely.

I took him out to the same area of the yard the next day, and let him run, and he was a little more careful in that area, in fact it took him about 15 minutes to go over to the area. With a memory like that, there's more excuses. LOL.

This coming weekend there is a Dog Show in the area. Gunther will be getting micro chipped on Saturday. Plus he'll get to see some of the show. We'll have a great time. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cheryl:) said...

How are Gunther's boo-boos doing??