Search

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

How time flies


It's hard to believe that it's been over a week since I posted. We did have our trip to Tennessee to visit my mom last week and it went really well except I didn't get to take Gunther. Long story short, he ended up having to stay home and I missed him so bad it was terrible. I couldn't wait to get home. When I walked in the door he was as excited to see me as I was him. We got home Sunday, the 18th, and he hasn't left my side since. What did work out was that a friend of mine had the week off and so Gunther had a friend here at the house with him the whole time.

I was a little concerned about leaving him, afraid that he would loose his commands and I'd have to start all over with him, but he did fine, he ate well and slept good. In fact he learned to catch the tennis ball from a further distance, and from what I gathered he got to go out and play 2 or 3 times a day so Gunther had undivided attention, and I couldn't have asked for any better.

Near where my mom lives they just opened a Doggie Cafe. Of course I went in and spent way too much money. But the prices on treats (all natural) was too good to pass up. The sad thing was that Santa was there and people were getting their pets photos taken with Santa, like I wanted to with Gunther. Oh well, there is next year. Maybe in the year ahead I can talk someone into dressing up like Santa for me and I'll take the picture. LOL.


That's about it for now, we are finalizing our Christmas plans and trying to Gunther out from under the tree so that's keeping us busy.

bye for now

No comments: