Search

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Stylin' Gunther

Last week I noticed that Gunther was cold and shaking a little so for the fun of it I wrapped his neck up with one of my scarves. He loved it, he kept it on all day and even wanted to sleep in it. So I got the idea of making him a neckwarmer. Since I'm a professional knitter I had several ideas about making Gunther one, but I needed to start out with something basic. So that is where we are at.


I even made an opening for his lead to attach to his collar.



Not really thinking about it I mentioned it to some other dog owners I know and now I have orders for 3 more. I'm also adding the option of making them a little long so it will come up around the ears a little more.

If you are interested in ordering one also, email me at knitting business email address.

Oh a quick update on the crate that Gunther didn't get. The lady handling the business was kind enough to admit that I had pretty much fallen through the cracks and refunded my money. I still need a crate and so far it's the biggest one I have seen. But, I'm going to look around before trying to order from them again.

2 comments:

joysabo said...

Cute scarf Gun-Man!! Burton might have to get one for all this snow in Denver!! Take care. Joy

Unknown said...

My friend Emilie knitted one for Savi. I asked her to make it super thick and overly long. It can be rolled over his ears in really cold weather and he doesn't seem to mind wearing it. She used wool because it's so warm. For a dane, these neck-warmers/ear-warmers are awesome.